VISION HOUSE RULES
Updated March 2012
These rules are intended to help us, and you, make your stay at Vision House a positive and beneficial experience in
your Recovery. We want to help you in your new sober life. These rules are intended to make it easier for people to live
together who aren't related while creating the synergy that sober living can provide to people in recovery
1) Any use of drugs or alcohol will be cause for the immediate forfeiture of rent and immediate discharge from
2) New Residents should let staff know if they have a preference for a certain chore because each resident of
Vision House will be responsible for completing their assigned household chore daily. Each resident is also responsible
for keeping their own area neat and clean, including making their bed every day and washing their bed linens once a
3) There are two house meeting each week, and attendance is mandatory, exception for people who are at work at
that time. The meetings cover both house matters and recovery. Residents will be exposed to a variety of recovery
programs, from various Evidence Based Programs e.g., Smart Recovery Program to Testimonial based programs e.g.,
12 step programs. Residents may and are encouraged to become meeting facilitators at their own
Facilitator class is online at www.smartrecovery.com and the certification is good everywhere there are meetings and for
starting new meetings.
Visitors are welcome to attend our Recovery Meetings and other special events such as BBQs and pool
4) Any resident who has knowledge of another resident using alcohol or drugs must inform management
5) The taking or using of another resident’s property (including food) without the owner’s permission will result in
immediate termination of residency at Vision House.
6) a) Curfew is 12:00 midnight until 6:00 AM.
b) Residents must furnish the House Manager with their work schedule.
c) Outside overnight stays must be approved by Manager beforehand
d) Residents must sign in and out each time they enter or leave. “Out” is not an acceptable remark
on the sheet.
e) Exceptions for verifiable work, and Recovery related functions (on a case by case basis).
7) To accommodate all the residents’ use of common areas, sleeping in common areas is not allowed (except at the
Pool it’s ok). No blankets or bed pillows in living room.
8) Eating is not allowed anywhere but the kitchen, dining room and outside. Each resident is responsible for doing
their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves.
9) Residents must answer call waiting while talking on the phone to at least take a message.
10) Televisions and radios are allowed in bedrooms. If anyone requests that televisions and radios be turned down
or off, their request must be honored.
11) There is no smoking indoors and no use of candles and incense that requires being lit
12) There is to be no use of thumb tacks or anything else that punctures the walls
13) If a resident is discharged, the resident will pack their belongings and leave the property immediately.
14) Rent is non-refundable for any reason.
15) These rules are general guidelines and do not encompass all conduct that is unacceptable. Common sense will
16) Management will have sole discretion to determine whether resident(s) have violated any of the rules. Any
violation of rules is cause for discharge of the resident from the premises, but discharge is of course the last resort.
17) If a resident has a problem with the way Vision House is run, the resident has a right to move out. We encourage
Residents to speak with management about any concerns so we can better serve residents.
18) It is a privilege to live at Vision House, not a right.
19) Each new resident is required to get a 2 Step TB test. They are available from the Clark County Health
20) There are no visitors allowed except as stated above, although special circumstances may be considered.
Resident Signature_________________________ Date____________